- In this class you will be able to fabricate your own gemstone and sterling silver ring. You will learn how to solder and make a bezel cup from sheet metal and bezel wire, how to size and attach a ring shank to the bezel cup, and the proper way to bezel set a stone, as well as filing, sanding, and polishing techniques.
Materials needed (all can be purchased in-store)
- Either a 10mm x 12mm oval or 12mm round gemstone cabochon
- 4-6 inches of Sterling silver half round 6gauge wire
- 3 inches of 3/32” x 28gauge fine silver bezel wire (choose between plain, scalloped, or serrated)
- 6 inches of Hard and Easy grades of silver solder
- Sterling silver large circle blanks
- One package of wet/dry sand paper with multiple grits